Introduction to Microsoft Teams Live Captioning
Verbit now supports CART (Communication Access Realtime Translation) Captioning services in Microsoft Teams meetings using Respeak technology.
Create an MS Teams Meeting
Customers must schedule an MS Teams meeting to generate a meeting link that starts with http://teams-microsoft .com/.
Reference Link: Create a meeting in Teams for Personal and Small Business Use
To schedule an MS Teams meeting:
- OPEN Microsoft Teams App
- From the CALENDAR TAB, select NEW MEETING at the top of the screen.
- Enter a MEETING NAME in the Title field.
- Fill out the START and END fields to schedule the meeting
- Add at least one (1) INVITEE to the meeting
- Click SAVE
Enable ‘Provide CART Captions’ in MS Teams
To allow CART Captioning in the meeting, customers must enable CART Captions on the meeting options to generate a Caption URL (https://api.captions.microsoft.com).
Reference Link: Enable CART Captions in a Teams Meeting
To enable CART Captioning:
- On the scheduled meeting, click EDIT
- Click on the three dots menu and select MEETING OPTIONS
- Once in the Meeting Option, scroll down to the bottom and switch PROVIDE CART CAPTIONS to YES
NOTE: If using the MS Teams App, you will be redirected to the browser and will be required to sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Click SAVE
- Copy and save the CAPTIONS URL for later use
Book the Live Session in Verbit
Admins should book a Live session in the Verbit Platform and fill out the details of the meeting.
To book a Live Session in Verbit:
- Login to your Verbit Customer Account as an admin
- Go to LIVE, then click BOOK NOW
- Set the TYPE OF SESSION to Remote-Other
- Set an event name in the MEETING NAME field
- Verify your time zone, then set the START TIME and END TIME of the session
- On the Meeting Link field, add the MEETING URL from MS Teams
- Select the Live Respeak (CART - MS Teams) in the Profile selection field
- Captions mode can be left to ACCURATE
- Click on ADD MORE DETAILS and paste the CAPTIONS URL
NOTE: Captions URL can be copied from the Meeting Options is different from the Meeting URL
- In the Participant Details, add the emails of the speaker and HOH attendees
- Add any relevant materials or terminologies to improve the accuracy of the ASR
- Click BOOK THE SESSION
NOTE : If the Captions URL is not provided in the Booking form, captions will not be available in MS Teams.
MS Teams CART Captions Usage
MS Teams CART Captions will be available during the meeting once the Closed Captioner (CC) is admitted to the meeting.
To view captions in MS Teams:
- At the scheduled time, join the meeting
- Admit CC participant to the meeting
- In the Meeting toolbar, click MORE, and select TURN ON LIVE CAPTIONS
- Captions will start to appear at the bottom as soon as attendees speak in the meeting
Post-Session Transcript Download
At the end of every Live session, the corresponding transcription job will be marked as finished and is available for download.
To download the post-session transcript of the Live session:
- Login to your Verbit Customer Account
- Go to the MY FILES page
- Tick the checkbox beside the filename
- Click on DOWNLOAD, and select TRANSCRIPT
- On the window, select your desired file format and click DOWNLOAD