Introduction to Student Access
STUDENT ACCESS provides students with a one-stop-shop portal in managing their upcoming and past live captioning sessions.
STUDENT ACCESS allows students access to the following key features and capabilities:
- Review their upcoming, ongoing, and past live sessions
- Add reference materials to upcoming live sessions
- Access and download the transcript
STUDENT ACCESS can be accessed through https://student-access.verbit.co.
NOTE : Students can reach out to their Verbit admin to set up their username and password. Alternatively, students can reach out to Verbit Support to request their logins as well.
Setup for Students
Activate Verbit User
NOTE : This step is only required if the student does not have Verbit logins.
Once your Verbit account is created by your Verbit admin, you will receive two emails to complete the setup.
- The first email is the user activation invite that will direct you to set up your STUDENT ACCESS password
- The second email is the welcome email that includes a link to STUDENT ACCESS
Launch Student Access
The student can launch STUDENT ACCESS via this link : https://student-access.verbit.co
STUDENT ACCESS will present sessions wherein the student is listed as an ‘attendee’.
NOTE : For ease of use and accessibility, we highly recommend the student creates a bookmark to STUDENT ACCESS; either after activating their Verbit logins or by adding this website URL in their browser’s favorites: https://student-access.verbit.co
Features and Functions
The Home Page
STUDENT ACCESS provides the student a dashboard of their sessions, along with some basic session management features; such as:
- A list of upcoming and past sessions and basic information about each session, such as the class name and the date/day/time
- Direct links to the sessions meeting link and Verbitxt page.
- Search and filter capabilities
The date and time displayed on the HOMEPAGE are based on the student’s preferred time zone.
NOTE : The student’s timezone defaults to the school’s Verbit account timezone, but it can also be changed during account activation/password setup.
The OPEN TRANSCRIPT button launches the Verbitext page where the transcript will be printed during the session.
Click the ELLIPSIS button to reveal two additional buttons:
- EDIT SESSION will allow the student to verify and/or update the meeting link of the session.
It will also let you add materials i.e., a PDF of a PowerPoint, a copy of the class’s agenda, or a glossary of terms, before the session starts.
- JOIN CONFERENCE CALL will launch the meeting linked to the session.
The ADD MATERIALS button is displayed across each session that does not have any attachments yet.
Although adding reference materials, such as course syllabus, lecture notes, etc., is optional, it is strongly recommended to add such files to improve the accuracy of the transcript overall.
To add reference materials:
- Click ADD MATERIALS
- In the Schedule Captions dialog box, navigate to the Caption Quality tab
- Click UPLOAD FILES
- Click SAVE
NOTE : You can upload reference materials in one of these formats: pdf, doc, and/or txt
Add Session Link
The ADD SESSION LINK button appears across each online-type session that does not have a meeting link yet.
To add the meeting link for an upcoming session:
- Click ADD SESSION LINK
- Set the meeting link and password (if any)
- Click UPLOAD FILES to add contextual materials if you haven’t done so already
- Click UPDATE BOOKING
Search and Filter
The SEARCH is a quick way to find a session you may want to check or update.
Mix it up with FILTER to improve your navigation experience.
Students can export the transcript of a finished session by going to the Captions page.
Click OPEN TRANSCRIPT, which will open the Verbitxt page of the session, and then click DOWNLOAD.
To export the transcript of a past session:
- From the main menu on the left, choose CAPTIONS
- Search for the session name
- Click OPEN TRANSCRIPT across the session.
This will launch the session’s Verbitxt page on a new window.
- In Verbitxt, click the GEAR icon to reveal additional functionalities
- Click DOWNLOAD
STUDENT ACCESS FOR MOBILE and Verbit’s STUDENT COMMUNITY will be available soon!!