Remote – Zoom refers to an online event hosted thru the Zoom platform, wherein the event could be a meeting or a webinar.
Verbit Captions, a.k.a. CC, will initiate the process flow for streaming captions to Zoom.
- CC will join the event thru the link provided in the booking details.
- CC will need the API token of the Zoom event to complete the link.
Verbit Captions will record the audio of the event thru the Verbit portal and post the real-time transcript back to the Zoom event thru API.
NOTE: The real-time transcript will also be available in the session's Attendee Page.
Enable Manual Captions in Zoom
To allow Verbit to stream captions in the Zoom Event, the host must enable Manual Captions feature in the Zoom Settings.
To enable 3rd-Party Closed Captioning Services in the Zoom Settings:
- SIGN IN to Zoom via web browser
- Click SETTINGS
- Click IN MEETING (ADVANCED)
- Enable MANUAL CAPTIONS on the menu
- Check "Allow host to type or assign a participant to type"
- Check "Allow use of caption API Token to integrate with 3rd-party Closed Captioning services"
- Click SAVE
The option to assign CC as captioner of the event will only be available if the host has the Manual Captions feature enabled in his/her Zoom account.
This must be enabled before the Zoom event starts, otherwise, the host may need to rejoin the event or restart the event entirely.
NOTE: Hosts have the option to disable Automated Captions in Zoom to make sure that only Verbit’s captions are available in the meeting.
Book a Session for the Zoom Event
When booking a session for a Zoom meeting or webinar, toggle the Type of Session to Remote - Zoom.
The Zoom Meeting Link and Password (if any)
CC will join the event thru the link provided in the booking details.
Any security requirements to join the meeting, such as passwords, authorizations, and organization-level restrictions, will have to be handled and provided by the client; either the actual end-user or the admin, on behalf of Verbit Captions.
Assigning Verbit Captions as Captioner in the Zoom Meeting
To complete the setup, CC will do one of the following depending on the type of Zoom event:
- Zoom Meetings
- Request the host to delegate CC as the captioner of the event, or
- Reach out to the host to request the API token thru Zoom’s CHAT.
- Zoom Webinars
- CC should be invited as a panelist to the event, or if the event already started, should be promoted to a panelist during the event.
- Customers must send the panelist invite at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To delegate CC as the Captioner of the event:
- Click on PARTICIPANTS in the Zoom Control Bar;
- Find CC in the participants' list;
- Click MORE to show the drop-down menu;
- On the menu, click ASSIGN TO TYPE CLOSED CAPTIONS
- A CC Icon will appear next to the name of Verbit Captions