In-Person Events: How to Use the On-Site Interface (for Attendees) Follow
The On-Site interface allows Verbit to support in-person events, such as a class or conference, where both the speaker and attendee are physically present. During a session, speakers stream their audio to Verbit so attendees can receive the live transcription in real-time.
- Who is an Attendee?
- On-site Flow
- Working with On-site Sessions
Who is an Attendee?
An Attendee is the end user.
- The Attendee DOES NOT have to be a registered user; only required to click link displayed in notification email.
The following steps represent the attendee workflow for in-person sessions:
Step 1: Prepare for the live session
- Attendee can connect 30 minutes before session start time
Stage 2: View the live transcription
- Attendee(s) connects to live stream and consume transcript
Stage 3: Review post-session transcripts
- Consume session output
Working with On-Site Sessions
How to prepare for a live session
- Prior to the session, attendees receive an email with a link to the session’s attendee page. The attendee can click the link and connect to the site 30 minutes before the session start time.
- Once the attendee clicks the link, they will see the following screen until session starts.
View the live transcription
Once the session starts, attendees will be able to view the live transcription through Verbitext 2.0, Verbit’s live transcript reader.
- Interact with the transcript by searching for keywords in the transcript
- Adjust text size using keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl + “+” or Ctrl + “-”)
- Download the partial transcript during session, or the complete transcript once session is over.
NOTE: Verbitext is available on mobile
Review post-session transcripts
Once the session is complete, the attendee receives an email with a link to the full transcription.