The new On-site Feature is an enhancement of the current product which allows Verbit to support in-person events such as a class or conferences, wherein both speaker and attendee are physically present during the event.
The customer will be responsible to run the On-site Application (which is now available for desktop and mobile devices) and starting the live transcription of the event.
Important: Speakers must ensure capture of good audio quality regardless of device, considering distance, acoustics, and background noise.
How it Works
Whenever an On-Site session is booked, the Speaker is responsible for operating the On-Site application and the Attendee is expected to consume the transcript through the Verbitext Page.
The person who will be handling the recording should be added as Speaker during booking:
- The speaker will receive an email with a link to the On-Site application; where he/she can configure the microphone and manage the recording; or
- The speaker can log in via the platform by clicking the Join as Speaker button.
The end-user is added as an attendee during booking.
The attendee(s) will receive an email with a link to the session’s attendee page; wherein he/she can view the transcript from the recorded audio and export the transcript post-event.
Service Types Available for On-site Sessions
- Live ASR
- Live Pro
Booking an On-site Session
- Login in the Verbit UI.
- In the My Files page, click Live.
- In the Verbit Live page, click Book Now.
- Select On-Site as the session type.
- Fill out all session details and click Book the Session.
- Once the session is created, click Add to calendar to schedule the class/event to your preferred online calendar.
- Notification emails will be sent to the participants listed in the booking.
A Wearable Recording Device or Microphone
We strongly recommend using a clip-type/wearable microphone to ensure direct and clear speech capture and noise reduction.
Verbit's officially supported microphone is the Revolabs xTag USB Microphone.
See also Revolabs xTag USB Microphone System Manual.pdf
User Creation for the Speaker
The Speaker registered in the booking form should be the person who will be responsible in recording the event.
The speaker does not necessarily have to be the speaker of the event.
NOTE: In many cases, the student handles the recording him/herself. If this is the case, it would be best to add the student's email as the speaker.
Setting up an On-site Session
- The Speaker can connect to the On-Site application from the email link or by logging in directly to the Verbit platform. (See Verbit Customer User Interface)
- The speaker has approximately 30 minutes to set up and test their equipment;
Select a microphone.
Important: If the microphone is not detected, the live session will not work.
Test the audio quality: audio quality may affect the accuracy of the transcription.
- Once the microphone is set up, the Speaker can click Start audio stream to start the session.
- The attendee(s) will receive an email with a link to the session’s attendee page a.k.a. the Verbitext Page. The attendee(s) can connect to the link at least 30 minutes before session start time.
- The link will redirect the attendee(a) to a blank Verbitext page which will generate the live transcript once the Speaker starts the stream on the On-Site application.
Starting the Audio Stream using the On-site Application
The speaker may start streaming the audio of the session by clicking Start audio stream on the On-site Application page.
Important: The speaker has approximately 30 minutes before the scheduled start time of the session to set up the microphone and test the audio stream quality.
- Once the audio stream has started, the Speaker can perform one of the following 2 actions:
- Pause the live stream, or
- End audio stream
- Once user clicks End audio stream, a dialogue box opens confirming if the session is completed.
- The session is complete.
Attendee(s) will be able to view the live transcription of the session in the Verbitext page by clicking Join on the email.
Download Full Transcript
Once the session ends, the attendee(s) will receive an email with a link to download a full transcription of the completed session.
Only one (1) speaker can speak at a time - only one microphone can be connected to the On-site application at a given time.
The speaker page can be accessed only with Verbit credentials - the user should belong to the customer account (no anonymous access) and must have the following roles:
- Speaker: Admin or Editor
- Attendees: CART Participant
For the Verbitext page, customers may send a request to either their Customer Success Manager or Support to adjust the security settings to allow anonymous access or restricted access only. (See Verbitext 2.0 | Security Features)