File sharing may be a relevant commodity for your workflow and we do support this functionality; that is, you can share jobs to your colleagues or to a selected group of editors who can review and do the final touch-ups on a set of finished jobs.
NOTE: If you need the FILE SHARING feature enabled on your account, please reach out to your Verbit contact; either your Success Manager or Verbit Support, to have it enabled.
Admins can share files as early as during media upload, and any time after that.
NOTE: The FILE SHARING feature can only be used by admins.
Sharing Files during Media Upload
When uploading a file, either as an admin or content manager, you will be prompted if you want to share access to the job to a person you want to review once it’s finished.
NOTE: You can invite up to 10 guest editors on a job.
Sharing a file to a guest editor during upload
Sharing Existing Jobs
You can also share access to existing jobs using the SEND TO RECIPIENTS button.
To share existing jobs:
- Choose the jobs by clicking on the relevant checkbox to the left of the filename
- Click SEND TO RECIPIENTS
- In the SEND JOB TO RECIPIENTS dialog box:
- Add the email address of the person you want to share the job with
- Add any additional remarks for the guest
- Click CONFIRM
If any of the recipients does not have an existing user account on our platform, he/she will be designated the role of GUEST EDITOR, which will only grant her access to jobs shared with him/her.
He/she will also get two email notifications:
- A WELCOME email that will allow him/her to activate the user account and set up a password
- An email notification that a file was shared with him/her