The Verbit-Google Drive Integration allows an easy method to import media files from Google Drive to your Verbit account for captioning.
Setup up Google Drive to automatically upload files to Verbit?
The Verbit-Google Drive Integration needs to be configured both in your Google Drive account and your Verbit account for a seamless experience.
Hence, this tutorial will be split into two parts to guide users how to set up the integration in both platforms.
Setting up your Google Drive Account for Integration
Step 1. Login to your Google Drive account.
Step 2. In the Google Drive main menu, go to My Drive.
Step 3. In your My Drive page, create a New folder.
Step 4. Create two different folders in your Google Drive account.
- The first folder is where you upload your files for captioning. (e.g. source folder)
- The second folder is where completed or captioned files will be pushed. (e.g. destination folder)
Setting up your Verbit Account for Integration
Step 1. Login to your Verbit account at platform.verbit.co .
NOTE: The user will need to have administrative privileges to configure the Verbit-Google Drive Integration.
Step 2. Go to ADMIN > LINKED ACCOUNTS. Look for Google Drive in the Available for Connection list.
Step 3. Click ALLOW when prompted.
Step 4. Key in your Google Drive Email and password and click on NEXT
Step 5. Choose a source folder and destination folder. The source and destination folders are the same folders that were set up in Step 4 on the Setting up your Google Drive account section.
Step 6. Choose preferences for the transcription workflow for the uploaded files.
- Export Format
Step 7. Click SAVE and wait for the pop up confirming the setup.
Step 8. Verify that Google Drive is now listed in the Connected Accounts section of the Linked Accounts page. This will confirm the integration is complete and successful.
- Files can now be uploaded to the source folder in Google Drive.
- The file will automatically be fetched by Verbit and processed according to the settings chosen during the integration setup.
- Once the caption is completed, Verbit will automatically push the captions back to the destination folder in Google Drive.
NOTE: Verbit will not fetch files that have the same name.