Setting Up Integration with Blackboard Follow
Blackboard is a Web-based server software which features course management, customizable open architecture, and scalable design that allows integration with student information systems and authentication protocols. Its main purposes are to add online elements to courses traditionally delivered face-to-face and to develop completely online courses with few or no face-to-face meetings.
The Verbit-Blackboard integration allows an easy method to import media files from Blackboard directly to your Verbit account for captioning.
NOTE: Integration is supported only with Blackboard v22.214.171.124 and above. This is the version of Blackboard when adding attachments through API was introduced.
The integration will require a customer admin account in the Verbit platform https://platform.verbit.co/ + Blackboard account.
Where to get the integration keys?
1. Log in to your Blackboard account
2. Click on SYSTEM ADMIN
3. Under the Integrations section, click on REST API INTEGRATIONS
4. Click on CREATE INTEGRATION
Enter the following details:
- Application ID - a614b25b-aaa4-4b9c-b7af-129c5eebddc9(Verbit's unique identifier)
- Learn User – Customer’s Blackboard user details
- End User Access – set to YES
- Authorized To Act As User – set to Service Default (No)
5. Click on SUBMIT
NOTE: Only a file that was uploaded to a Blackboard course, using the Item or File option (image as shown below) will be visible for selection in the Verbit platform.
Setting Up the Integration on the Verbit Platform
1. Login to your Verbit account.
- Click on the ADMIN link located at the top-right of the page.
- Click on the LINKED ACCOUNTS sub-menu under ADMIN.
2. Select Blackboard from the list of the Available for connection.
3. Copy your URL Server from Blackboard and paste it in the dedicated location.
NOTE: For integration to work, your server's admin should explicitly allow app id <APPID> to connect to your Blackboard server.
4. Click on TEST AND CONNECT and wait for the Connection successful message