Setting Up Integration with Panopto Follow
The Verbit-Panopto integration allows an easy method to import media files from Panopto directly to your Verbit account for captioning.
Profile (Multiple profiles)
- Standard (this is the default profile)
- Can Wait
How to Locate the Integration Keys in Panopto?
Panopto does not have integration keys. Instead, Verbit uses the server name and the user's login information in setting up the integration.
The server name is the domain of the Panopto homepage:
How to Locate the Integration Keys in Verbit?
Verbit's integration keys can be found on an admin account level. It follows only Verbit admins will have access to this information.
To view the Verbit keys, just click on the email address on the top right portion of the Verbit page:
The integration keys can then be used to setup integration on the Panopto side.
How to Setup the Integration on Panopto side
Step 1. Go to SETTINGS > CAPTION SERVICES
Step 2. Click NEW
Step 3. Fill out the Create Caption Service Form. This form will require you to define the Verbit instance in your Panopto account:
- Provider and SLA - choose Verbit here
- Service Name - superficial, can be any name
- Private Key - Production API Key from the customer's Verbit account
- Enable this provider - option, we recommend this checked
- Allow any Creator to request this service level - optional, customer's discretion
- Group caption requests by folder in provider's interface - optional, customer's discretion
Step 4. Click SUBMIT
How to Setup the Integration on Verbit side
Step 1. Login to Verbit as an Admin User
Step 2. Go to ADMINISTRATION > LINKED ACCOUNTS
Step 3. Click PANOPTO in the Available for Connection Area.
Step 4. Populate the Connection to Panopto Form with the Relevant Keys
Step 5. Click TEST AND CONNECT
At this point, the Verbit-Panopto Integration is complete and the customer can now upload caption requests to Verbit.