Exporting Transcripts and Captions from Verbit using Integration with Wistia Follow
Wistia uses SRT files for captions and subtitles. To add captions to your video you’ll first need to click on the blue video title.
Use the following instructions below to add your captions to your media files.
1. Select the completed/finished Wistia file on the job list via Verbit Home page
2. Click EXPORT located on the upper-right corner of the job page
3. Click SRT FORMAT to download the caption file and SAVE it on your device
4. Go back to Wistia platform and select the relevant media file under All Contents >> Videos
5. Click on the video title link and locate Captions on the left side menu by clicking on Customize
6. Toggle the On/Off switch to On.
7. Click on the UPLOAD link under the toggle switch.
8. Locate the SRT file on your device, then click the OPEN button.
9. Select your caption default settings and then click on SAVE.
Setting the Automatic send back to linked account option for Verbit-Wistia integration is an automatic method of exporting a completed/finished caption file to the relevant Wistia media file.
Note: Any changes can be manually pushed to Wistia via Export > Export to Wistia. To overwrite the previous file that was sent to the customer, the existing SRT file must be deleted first on the relevant Wistia media file before using the Export > Export to Wistia option.