Canvas is a leading learning management system (LMS) powering any video experience for many organizations.
A number of Verbit customers utilize Canvas to manage their video content and request for captioning, especially those in the Education and Entertainment verticals.
Verbit supports integration with Canvas to automate caption requests for our customers using the service.
This integration requires a customer an admin account in the Verbit platform and a Canvas account.
Where to get the Integration keys?
- Canvas refers to its integration key as Bearer Token.
1. Log in to the Canvas platform
2. Click on ACCOUNT and select SETTINGS
3. Scroll down to Approved Integrations: and Click on the NEW ACCESS TOKEN button to bring up the token generator
4. Fill out the NEW ACCESS TOKEN form and click on GENERATE TOKEN
5. Copy the generated Token
Setting Up the Integration on the Verbit Platform
1. Log in to Verbit platform
2. Click on the ADMIN tab and select LINKED ACCOUNTS
3. Click Canvas from the list of the Available for connection
4. Paste the token from Canvas on the Bearer Token field
5. Click the box for Automatically send back to linked account to return jobs that are already completed/finished
5. Click on TEST AND CONNECT to complete the integration setup and wait for the Connection successful message
You can now upload Canvas media files to Verbit and see the progress of the job via the Verbit Home page.