The On-Site interface allows Verbit to support in-person events, such as a class or conference, where both the speaker and attendee are physically present.
The speaker in the event simply needs to open the Verbit Connect app (which is available for desktop and mobile devices) and begin streaming their audio to Verbit, which will allow the attendee to receive the live transcription.
- Who is a Speaker?
- Speaker responsibilities
- On-Site Flow
- Working with On-Site Sessions
- Contact Verbit Support
Who is a Speaker?
- The speaker is defined as the person who will be handling the recording session.
- The speaker MUST be a registered user with at least CART participant permissions.
- The Speaker MUST be added as speaker during booking.
- There can only be ONE speaker per session
Whenever an On Site session is booked, the speaker is responsible for operating the On-Site application and the attendee is expected to consume the transcript.
- The person who will be handling the recording should be added as speaker during order creation:
- The Speaker will receive an email with a link to the Verbit Connect application; where he/she can configure the microphone and manage the recording, or
- The speaker can log in via the platform on desktop/ mobile by clicking Join as Speaker link.
- The end user is added by Speaker as attendee during booking.
- The attendee(s) will receive an email with a link to the session’s attendee page, where they can view the transcript from the recorded audio and export the transcript post-event.
- Live Auto or Pro Sessions
- Verbitext 2.0
Supported Live Captioning Solutions
The following steps represent the On-Site workflow for in-person sessions:
Step 1: Placing a Live Order
- Place an Order via the Live Bookings portal.
Step 2: Prepare for the live session
- Mic and audio preparation for speaker.
Step 3: Stream the session
- The speaker starts audio stream in Verbit Connect app and begin speaking through the connected microphone.
- Attendee/s consume live transcript output on the Verbitext Page.
Working with On-Site Sessions
How to Order an On-site Session
- Enter Verbit UI.
- In the My Files page, click Live bookings.
- In the Live Bookings portal, click Place new order.
- Fill in the Order name field with your class/event name.
- For Media source, select the On site option.
- A new field called Speaker email will pop-up. Add here the email address of the speaker's.
- Under Live captioning solutions, select either Automatic or Pro, if both are available.
- Fill out the other remaining required fields to successfully place the order.
- The order is placed when order status is Confirmed.
- An email will be sent to the speaker and attendee containing a link to the Verbit Connect App.
NOTE: The speaker can navigate to the application via the email link or Live Bookings dashboard.
How to Prepare for a Live Session
- Speakers should connect to Verbit Application using the Start live streaming button on the email notification reminded or by copying the link of the Verbit Connect App the Three Dots menu on the right-hand side of the order in the Live Bookings page..
- The speaker has approximately 30 minutes to set up and test audio equipment.
- The speaker must allow Verbit to use microphone in the web browser settings.
- Select a microphone.
- IMPORTANT: If the microphone is not selected, the live session will not work.
- Test the audio. We recommend testing and adjusting the audio.
- IMPORTANT: If the audio is not tested or adjusted, the speaker can still begin streaming audio for the live session.
- Once the equipment is setup, the Speaker should click Start audio stream to begin the session.
How to Stream the Session Audio
- Speaker clicks Start audio steam:
- The session begins, and
- Audio is streamed to Verbit.
- To check whether the live transcription is working, the Speaker must click the Open Transcript button at the upper left-hand side of the page to open the Verbitext page linked to the live session.
- During live audio streaming, the Speaker can perform one of the following 2 actions:
- Pause/Play the live stream, or
- End audio stream
- Once user clicks End audio stream, a dialogue box opens asking End the stream?
- Upon clicking End the stream, the session is complete.
Contact Verbit Support
The Speaker may contact Verbit Support through either of the following means:
- Staring a live chat via the Help button on the Verbit Connect app.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.